Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chevron Nails: Step-By-Step


I got a few comments on my 'Chevron' nails on instagram, and I figured I would share here my *very amateur* step-by-step. :)

You could use any colors for this, but here are the ones I chose!

Chanel Sky Line, Orly Prince Charming (this is a dupe for OPI You Don't Know Jacques, essie Mink Muffs, you get the idea..)

For the base color I wound up using Chanel Delight, but I also thought Sally Hansen in Gilty Pleasure would have been beautiful.

How I got here after the jump!

First of all, my friend Brooke sent me these perfect little nail-guide stickers which I believe she purchased HERE

The rest is pretty self explanatory but DRY TIME is your BFF.  I painted the base coat the night before, then went back later to add the design.


One the base coat is completely dry (either wait hours or use a quick-dry top coat in between) go ahead and plop that cute little sticker on.

Here I've applied one very thin coat of each to expedite dry time between coats.

On your second coat, cap your tips like I am here to prevent tip wear (as seen in my first photo, lol!)

After that's been given plenty of time to dry, peel the sticker from one edge to the other, following the shape of the sticker.


Work quickly with top coat so as to not smudge your design!

And then instagram them, because you just can't help yourself.

<3

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! This is so lovely! Delight looks like a great patinaed gold.

    ReplyDelete